Rodman Getchell: Additional Details
- Getchell, R.G., E. R. Cornwell, S. M. Bogdanowicz, J. Andrés, and others 2017. Complete sequences of 4 viral hemorrhagic septicemia virus IVb isolates and their virulence in northern pike fry. Diseases of Aquatic Organisms 126:211-227. https://doi.org/10.3354/dao03171
- Lewis C., J. M. Farrell, K. L. Sams, R. G. Getchell. 2017. A comparison of virulence of four VHSV IVb strains in Lake Chautauqua muskellunge. In: Kapuscinski K, Crane D, Kerr S, Simonson T, Diana J, Farrell J (eds) Muskellunge management: fifty years of cooperation among anglers, scientists, and fisheries biologists. American Fisheries Society Symposia 85, Bethesda, MD
- Burge C. A., Friedman C. S., R. G. Getchell, M. House M, K.D. Lafferty, et al. 2016. Complementary approaches to diagnosing marine diseases: a union of the modern and the classic. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B 371: 20150207.
- Susan B. Fogelson, B.D. Petty, S. R. Reichley, C. Ware, P. R. Bowser, M. J. Crim, R. G. Getchell, K. L. Sams, H. Marquis, and M. J. Griffin. 2016. Histologic and molecular characterization of Edwardsiella piscicida infection in largemouth bass (Micropterus salmoides). Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigations. 28(3):338-344.
- Breyer, K.E., R. G. Getchell, E. R. Cornwell, G. A. Wooster, H.G, Ketola and P.R. Bowser. 2015. Efficacy of an extract from garlic, Allium sativum, against infection with the furunculosis bacterium, Aeromonas salmonicida, in rainbow trout, Oncorhynchus mykiss. Journal of the World Aquaculture Society. 46(3):274-283.
- R.G. Getchell, T. Erkinharju, A.O. Johnson, B.W. Davis, E.E. Hatch, E.R. Cornwell, P.R. Bowser. 2015. Goldfish Carassius auratus susceptibility to viral hemorrhagic septicemia virus (VHSV) genotype IVb depends on route of exposure. Diseases of Aquatic Organisms. 115:25–36.
- Cornwell, E.R., G. B, Anderson, D. Coleman, R.G. Getchell, G.H. Groocock, J.V. Warg, A.M. Cruz, J.W. Casey, M.B. Bain, P.R. Bowser. 2015. Applying multi-scale occupancy models to infer host and site occupancy of an emerging viral fish pathogen in the Great Lakes. Journal of Great Lakes Research. 41:520-529.
- Imanse, S.M., E.R. Cornwell, R.G. Getchell, G. Kurath, and P.R. Bowser. 2014. In vivo and in vitro phenotypic differences between Great Lakes VHSV genotype IVb isolates with sequence types vcG001 and vcG002. Journal of Great Lakes Research. 40:879-885.
- Past President of the American Fisheries Society Fish Health Section
- Associate Director of AQUAVET®
- AVMA Aquatic Veterinary Medical Committee